Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What butters my bread? if gold stars weren’t so corny, I’d hand them out!!

* Great papers that follow MLA format – font size, margins, header, pagination—everything! Thank you!!
***Essays that are not afraid to incorporate the writer’s insight which is thoughtful and expressed well. It not only indicates independent thought and analysis but also that the author took the time to choose his/her words and their arrangement carefully.
***** Comments like the following:...
This is a very thorough exemplar of the rules of basketball, however it doesn't seem like the information is directed towards anyone. Your purpose is very clear, as you are apparently an avid fan of the game, but there is no connection to the reader.
The author of the essay read the comment above, took the words constructively and went back to his essay and REVISED it! That doesn’t mean he corrected spelling, punctuation or otherwise edited the essay – he revised the entire essay. There could be no better example of the influence of blog comments. GREAT JOB, GUYS!! Right now, both of your blogs are A+ !!

What Burns My Biscuits?

grr - Students on either MSC or WRC campus who do not use their Macon State email
grr - Blogs on which it is not possible to post comments!!
grr - Careless proofreading: “Leader not fried.”
grrr - Students who may not realize I’m serious: “So... this is my first update for this week. I've really been slacking.. I wonder if Mrs. Aiken really checks if we update or not.. hehe”
GRRR!!! Essays not posted in a timely fashion; comments not given in a timely manner
GRRR!!!! A blog established but NO posts – nada; nil; zilch – Blogs count 20% of your total grade, which is the equivalent of two zeros so far . . . YOU do the math.
Real Name Deleted
No posts match your query. Show all posts
No posts match your query. Show all posts
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)

2 comments:

  1. Mrs. Aiken, Two of the blogs you gave me to look over I do not see on the blog roll....Random thoughts & T Colter...how dod I find them ?? thank u

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't comment on one of the blogs I was assigned.

    ReplyDelete

Your Comment Is Always Welcome: