Thursday, September 24, 2009

"No Man is An Island" ~ John Donne

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. . . .Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind . . . . ~ John Donne


This is my first post since last week. As you know, my Train of Thought occasionally takes scenic detours; this time, it simply ran out of electrical [mental] current and came to a screeching halt. I have been trying to maintain blogs for English 1101 and 1102, grade over 75 essays handed in last week, prepare for an Arts & Crafts fair in my little hamlet of a town, and, oh, yeah--be the chief cook and bottle-washer at my house. It's a pretty full agenda, just like everyone has. That Train and agenda came to an abrupt halt last week, when two of my closest friends called to tell me that members of their respective families were critically, terminally ill. As things go, one dear friend (whose mother-in-law is in Intense Care for an unknown infection) lost her brother-in-law, just one day after the other friend lost his father-in-law--both were victims of cancer. My Train paused for today, for the sake of our shared humanity. Now that it has resumed, you'll find additional information, concerning class on the very next post. My best regards. Take care. Be well. Live with awareness and appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comment Is Always Welcome: